Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Shah rejects parole

Srinagar, Oct 23: Senior pro-freedom leader and chairman of Democratic Freedom Party, Shabir Ahmad Shah, who is undergoing detention under the Public Safety Act, Saturday rejected the Government’s offer to release him on parole.
Shah rejected the Government’s offer and said, “I have faced imprisonment for past nearly 25 years for the just cause and aspirations of Kashmiris. To suppress my resolve, the authorities also martyred my father. At this juncture if I won’t be able to meet my ailing mother for the last time, I will not have regrets. I want to maintain that even if I have to offer sacrifices of my two daughters for the freedom movement of Kashmir, I will never hesitate".

“I am indebted to Kashmiris for reposing faith and lending support to me. I urge the people to pray for speedy recovery of my mother,” Shah said.
In recent times Shah has been booked under PSA for seven times for “fomenting trouble in the Valley and acting at the behest of Inter Services Intelligence agency for advocating the secessionist ideology.”

It may be recalled here that the puppet authorities had issued orders regarding the temporary release of Shabir Ahmad Shah for a period of 30 days with immediate effect. However, the order has set many terms and conditions for his release including that he will not leave the territorial limit of district Srinagar without permission from the district magistrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment